Apple HomeKit is a great smart manager that helps link your smart devices to your Apple products, whether it’s an iPhone, iPad, or even your macOS system. With Apple HomeKit enabled on your devices such as a smart TV, you will be able to AirPlay and screen mirror your Apple devices wirelessly to the display. Here is a guide on how to add LG Smart TV to HomeKit.
With Apple HomeKit, your LG Smart TV can be turned into a wireless projector as long as your Apple device and the LG TV are connected to the same network. While some LG TVs have the functionality built right into the TV, other eligible LG Smart TVs will require an update to gain access to Apple HomeKit.
By using Apple HomeKit on an LG Smart TV, you can easily use Apple AirPlay to play your favorite songs or videos using an iPhone or iPad. With these features enabled, your LG Smart TV turns into a smarter device than it has ever been. Read this guide to learn how you can add Apple HomeKit to your LG Smart TV.
LG Smart TVs with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit – Supported Devices
Not all LG smart TVs that have been launched will have Apple AirPlay 2 and Apple HomeKit. For your LG Smart TV to have Apple HomeKit, your TV must be running on WebOS 4.5 on 2018 and 2019 models, and WebOS 5.0 for 2020 and newer models.
Check for updates
You can check for software updates on your eligible LG Smart TV by following these steps.
LG Smart TVs on WebOS 4.0 and WebOS 4.5
- Connect your TV to the Wi-Fi network and go to Settings followed by All Settings, then select General.
- Select the option that says About this TV.
- Now choose Check for Updates option.
- If an update is available, select Download and Install to get the new update on your LG Smart TV.
LG Smart TVs on WebOS 5.0, 6.0 and 22
- Go to the Settings card on your TV and select All Settings.
- Select All Settings, followed by Support.
- Choose the Software Update option followed by Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, choose Download and Install to have the update applied to your LG Smart TV.
Now that your LG Smart TV is updated to the latest available version and Apple Homekit is available with Apple AirPlay 2, you can follow these steps to add your LG TV to Apple HomeKit.
- Apple device (iPhone/iPad)
- App Home Call
- LG Smart TV
How to add your LG TV to HomeKit
Let’s take a look at the steps to add an LG smart TV to Apple HomeKit.
- Take your MagicMotion LG TV remote and press the Home button.
- Using the remote control, select the Smart Home Dashboard on the LG TV.
- This dashboard shows you all the devices that have been connected to the LG Smart TV.
- Choose the AirPlay card in the Smart Home Dashboard.
- Now select AirPlay and Apple HomeKit Settings, select Configure Apple HomeKit option.
- The Apple HomeKit app will display a QR code on your LG Smart TV.
- On your iPhone, launch the Apple Home app (Install it if it’s not available). All you have to do is tap Add Accessory.
- Scan the QR code displayed on your LG Smart TV.
- You can add LG Smart TV location on Apple Home app.
- Once you have successfully added your LG Smart TV to Call HomeKit, you can easily control your LG Smart TV with your Apple device.
Here’s how you can add your LG Smart TV to Apple HomeKit. Once the setup is complete, you can easily control the TV using voice commands via Siri. If you have any queries or questions, feel free to leave them below on our social media.
More related articles:
Want to learn more about iOS 16? Here’s a new video about Apple’s upcoming operating system for the iPhone.