Bilal Hassani reveals he was the victim of a rape in 2019

The singer, currently a sworn on the show Dance with the starsrecounts having been the victim of a sexual assault by one of his relatives.

Ex-candidate of France at Eurovision and current juror of Dance with the starssinger Bilal Hassani revealed on the show on Sunday seven to eight that he had been the victim of a rape in 2019.

“With someone from my circle, someone I trusted, we left for the evening. I came back from that evening with him. I had had two, three drinks, but I didn’t feel what we feels when you drink two, three glasses”, explains the young man.

“I was clearly under the influence of a substance that I hadn’t wanted to take. “I started having ‘black outs’, moments when I no longer had the memory”, develops-t he again, before saying that he woke up the next morning next to this person.

“I couldn’t talk about it in public”

“And I woke up, and what could be translated into a sexual assault was happening. It was a rape. That’s it,” he says, specifying that he first denied what had happened to him. “I was like, ‘Don’t ask questions, don’t say anything, move on, move on’.” But that night “haunts him every day,” he insists.

He informed his relatives, but refused to file a complaint. “No, I couldn’t. I couldn’t talk about it in public. And this is the only time I’m going to do it,” says the singer. “I didn’t feel like giving another string to feed the hate I’m getting [quotidiennement sur les réseaux sociaux].”

Bilal Hassani represented France at Eurovision in 2019. He released two albums, Kingdom and Against eveningin 2019 and 2020. His next album, Theorem, will be released on October 7th. After competing in Dance with the stars last year, this year he is a member of the jury.

Leave a Comment